Who uses a boiler these days?
A savvy homeowner, that’s who!
It’s easy to associate boilers with old-fashioned heating systems that might pop up occasionally in an older home. But a modern boiler system not only provides warmth and comfort—it can also lower your energy costs while improving your indoor air quality (IAQ).
Boiler systems rely on radiant heat to warm up your home. That means no dust or debris stirred up in the ductwork. The boiler heats water and distributes it through baseboards or radiators.
Boilers are extremely energy efficient and incredibly durable: a well-maintained boiler will last up to 30 years.
They are easy to operate, and you can trust our team at MB Heating and Cooling to install your new boiler or swap out your old one so that it provides comfort for years and years. Serving homes and businesses throughout Taylorville, you can count on us for all your heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) needs.
Boiler Systems in Taylorville
Modern boilers operate on closed-loop systems, meaning they do not endlessly waste your water. Determining the best boiler for your Taylorville home boils down to a few key factors—starting with your location. Here are the different types of boilers to consider:
- Natural Gas Boilers—This is the most common boiler, mainly because natural gas is affordable and widely available. If your home connects to a natural gas line, we recommend this type of boiler for installation.
- Oil Boilers—You’ll find these types of boilers in more rural areas with limited access to natural gas.
- Electric Boilers—These types of boilers are very energy efficient but cost more to operate. Plus, a power outage in your area means you have no heat!
- Steam Boilers—These boilers are the more traditional systems that heat water past the boiling point to produce steam that creates warmth throughout your home.
- Condensing Boilers—These boilers use separate heat exchangers to heat the water before it circulates throughout your home—and then reheats it again when it returns to the boiler. These boilers provide greater energy efficiency but also cost more upfront.
Our financing options and complete warranty packages make it easy for you to pick out the perfect heating and cooling system for your home and budget. Call us today!
Zone Control Systems and Boilers
Your boiler allows you to create a zone control system, giving you the ability to control different temperature settings throughout your Taylorville home. Each room has a thermostat so you can control the temperature for that particular zone. A zone control system works great for larger homes with multiple floors.
Boiler Installation and Replacement
Whenever it comes to your HVAC, plumbing, or electrical systems, you can count on MB Heating and Cooling to install or replace everything the right way, so it operates at optimal efficiency for years to come.
Boilers have very few moving parts, making them more resistant to a breakdown. But if you do detect an issue that needs repair, call us right away.
Routine maintenance makes a huge difference in extending the service life of your boiler and other HVAC equipment. Learn more about our service agreements and how they can save you loads of money.
Call Your Boiler Experts Today!
MB Heating and Cooling can install, replace, repair, and maintain your boiler system in Taylorville, IL. Give us a call today at 217-544-4328 or request service online to learn more about boilers and other products.